As you could likely guess from the title of my blog, Pursuing Pie, I love pie. So, we of course made some over the weekend!
Our final baby shower is coming up this weekend so we needed to test out the recipes anyways - THEY ARE INCREDIBLE!
I documented the process and my sweet (AND PATIENT) husband helped too!
Enjoy the images and I hope you make some for yourselves because 1. they are simple and 2. they rule!
Apple Apple Pies
4 individual pies
Prep time : 15-20 minutes ( Depending on how many pictures you have to take between each step LOL )
Cook time: 20-25 minutes ( Depending on how gooey or crispy you like your pie crust )
- 4 Large Granny Smith apples
- 1 - 12 oz can apple pie filling ( unless you want to get fancy + have time for homemade filling )
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 package refrigerated pie crust ( again, unless you want to get fancy + have time for homemade crust )
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Slice the top off each of your apples and scoop out the insides. ( we used a knife and spoon which worked wonderfully )
While you're at it, check out BUZZFEED'S post of more incredible food hacks that will blow your mind.
Bake for 20-25 minutes.
8. Eat them all by yourself or share them with some friends!
I didn't even get any finished photos because I literally ate them as fast as humanly possible when they were finished baking.
Just imagine the last image with crispy golden brown lattice topped and a bit of apple filling oozing off the sides.
There you have it folks, Apple Apple Pies!